Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Netflix Drops Summer Premiere Dates for Orange is the New Black and More - GeekyNews on Netflix Picks up Wet Hot American Summer for Limited Series
- The Week in GeekyNews - February 27, 2015 - GeekyNews on First Look at Rupert Grint’s Upcoming Moonwalkers
- The Week in GeekyNews - February 27, 2015 - GeekyNews on GeekyNews Weekly Casting Round-Up
- The Week in GeekyNews - February 27, 2015 - GeekyNews on Inspector Gadget and Danger Mouse Remakes Coming to Netflix
- The Week in GeekyNews - February 27, 2015 - GeekyNews on Laura Benanti Cast in Supergirl Pilot