Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Anna Kendrick is Writing a Book and is it 2016 Yet?! - GeekyNews on Pitch Perfect 3 Confirmed, Rebel Wilson Will Return
- Colin Trevorrow Unveils New Jurassic World Poster - GeekyNews on Jurassic World Scene Reveals Plot Details
- QED42 on Dominic Cooper Officially Joins Preacher
- Dominic Cooper Officially Joins Preacher on AMC’s Preacher Pilot Casts Ruth Negga
- Dominic Cooper Officially Joins Preacher on GeekyNews Weekly Casting Round-Up