Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Titles for Episodes 8 to 10 of Game of Thrones Season 6 Revealed - GeekyNews on Game of Thrones May End with Shortened Final Seasons
- Transformers: The Last Night Twitter Hints at May 31 Surprise - GeekyNews on Transformers Spinoff Series Nabs Ultimate Sci Fi Writing Team
- The Walking Dead Gets the Red Nose Day Treatment - GeekyNews on Red Nose Day’s Game of Thrones: The Musical is a Thing of Beauty
- Two New Finding Dory Clips Tease Waves of Fun - GeekyNews on Finding Dory: Latest Trailer Plays with Our Emotions
- Even More Actions Sequences in New Independence Day: Resurgence Featurette and Trailer - GeekyNews on New Independence Day: Resurgence Trailer Released