Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Keira Knightley Is a Spelling Mistake | Scandal Sheet on Wet Hot American Summer Adds Chris Pine, Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig
- Toy News: Marvel Collectors Corps and Vinyl Sugar Dorbz - GeekyNews on Funko’s New Vinyl Line
- Wet Hot American Summer Adds Chris Pine, Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig - GeekyNews on Female-Led Ghostbusters Reboot Has Its Cast
- Wet Hot American Summer Adds Chris Pine, Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig - GeekyNews on Netflix Picks up Wet Hot American Summer for Limited Series
- Agent Carter Showrunners Reveal More on Dottie, Howard's Secret - GeekyNews on First Look: Stan Lee’s Agent Carter Cameo