Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- The Week in GeekyNews - May 23, 2015 - GeekyNews on ICYMI: First Look at Orgrim from Warcraft Movie
- The Week in GeekyNews - May 23, 2015 - GeekyNews on Greg Grunberg is Coming to Heroes Reborn
- The Week in GeekyNews - May 23, 2015 - GeekyNews on Indiana Jones Themed Restaurant Opening in Downtown Disney
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Release Date Announced on My Big Fat Greek Wedding Sequel In Development
- Chris Pine in Talks to Play Wonder Woman's Love Interest - GeekyNews on Wonder Woman Casting for ‘Batman vs. Superman’!