Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Marvel Television: Agent Carter Faces Extinction, Most Wanted Could Follow - GeekyNews on ABC Renewals Include Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time, Excludes Agent Carter
- Finding Dory TV Spot Released - GeekyNews on Finding Dory Character Images and Descriptions Unveiled
- New Star Trek Beyond Photos Show Off New Uniforms and New Set - GeekyNews on New Star Trek Beyond Image Shows Simon Pegg and Sofia Boutella Teaming Up
- Punisher Spin-Off Happening at Netflix For Real This Time - GeekyNews on Punisher Series Reportedly Being Developed by Netflix
- Supernatural Review 11x19: The Chitters on Supernatural Review 11×18: The Heart Choice