Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Renjr84 on Supernatural Review 12×02: Filling in the Blanks
- Supernatural Review 12x01: Keep Calm and Carry On on The 10 Best Episodes of Supernatural Season 11
- Beauty and the Beast First Look and Concept Art: Gaston, Lumière, and Cogsworth - GeekyNews on Beauty and the Beast Gets an Enchanting New Poster
- David on Chace Crawford Goes Interview Crazy, Talks Plants, Brings Lulz
- #291 - Pie Crust | The Sundering: A Warcraft, Geek & Gaming Podcast on Guardians of the Galaxy to Appear in Avengers: Infinity War