Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Hot in Books
Share this story
- QED42 on Our First Look at Mockingbird’s Suit for Agents of SHIELD
- Train Stationer on Giving Up On Doctor Who (Why I Hated ‘Asylum Of The Daleks’)
- QED42 on Agents of SHIELD 2×05 Recap: A Hen in the Wolf House
- Back to the Future Anniversary Screenings to Have Live Orchestra - GeekyNews on Stay Puft Ghostbusters Vinyl EP Will Smell Like Marshmallows
- QED42 on Monday Musings: Favorite New Release of 2014 So Far?