Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Eliot on Cecil Baldwin Previews the new Welcome to Night Vale Book at GeekyCon
- Josiah Shorb on Toy News: Doctor Who Pop! Vinyl Second Wave and Exclusives
- Guardians of the Galaxy Blasts into Teaser Trailer - GeekyNews on Marvel Announces Voice Cast for Animated Guardians of the Galaxy Series
- ICYMI: Rachel McAdams in Talks for Female Lead in Doctor Strange - GeekyNews on Chiwetel Ejiofor Joins Doctor Strange
- Chris Pine Reportedly Confirmed as Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman - GeekyNews on Warner Bros. Announces Green Lantern Corps Movie