Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- QED42 on Monday Musings: What’s Your Favorite Fictional Friendship?
- GeekyNews Weekly Music News Round-Up - GeekyNews on Watch Pentatonix’s American Music Awards Star Wars Medley
- The Week in GeekyNews - November 28, 2015 - GeekyNews on New Teen Wolf Season 5B Trailer Takes the Pack to Hell and Back
- The Week in GeekyNews - November 28, 2015 - GeekyNews on Let’s Dig Into the Captain America: Civil War Trailer
- The Week in GeekyNews - November 28, 2015 - GeekyNews on Zootopia Citizens Squeeze Into New Teaser Trailer