Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Jack on Pixar Set For More Sequels?
- QED42 on Monday Musings: What Pop Culture Things Are You Most Looking Forward to in the Second Half of 2015?
- When Science Takes a Holiday | Gallifrey Public Radio: A Doctor Who Podcast on Toy News: Doctor Who Pop! Vinyl Second Wave and Exclusives
- The Week in GeekyNews - July 4, 2015 - GeekyNews on Olivia Munn Shows Off Skills In Preparation for X-Men: Apocalypse
- The Week in GeekyNews - July 4, 2015 - GeekyNews on Everything’s All Summed Up in New Ant-Man Trailer