Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Beauty and the Beast First Look and Concept Art: Gaston, Lumière, and Cogsworth - GeekyNews on Beauty and the Beast Gets an Enchanting New Poster
- Guardians of the Galaxy to Appear in Avengers: Infinity War - GeekyNews on Kevin Feige “Committed” to Black Widow Solo Film
- Poe Party Premieres Monday on Poe Party Welcomes GeekyCon Guests To a Premiere
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Roundup: Two New Cast Members, First Look at New Director - GeekyNews on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4: Official Synopsis and New Director Announced
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Alan Menken to Take On New Disney Live-Action Little Mermaid - GeekyNews on Chloë Grace Moretz Cast as Ariel in The Little Mermaid Movie