Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Leonard Nimoy's Son Plans Spock Documentary - GeekyNews on Leonard Nimoy Passes Away at 83
- Tyler Hoechlin Talks About His Teen Wolf Future - GeekyNews on PaleyFest: Tyler Hoechlin Not a Teen Wolf Season 5 Regular and More
- Hugh Jackman Hints at Last Film as Wolverine - GeekyNews on Spider-Man is Coming to the MCU
- GeekyNews Weekly Casting Round-Up on GeekyNews Weekly Casting Round-Up
- Hank Green Announces NerdCon: Stories - GeekyNews on Twitch Announces First Annual TwitchCon!