Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- New Game of Thrones Site Teases Season 5 Updates - GeekyNews on Game of Thrones Season 5 Begins Shooting
- Gisela Ayala on Monday Musings: What’s On Your Holiday To-Watch & TBR List?
- Gisela Ayala on The GeekyNews Staff Sounds Off: Mockingjay Part 1
- First Sherlock Special Episode Image Released on ICYMI: Mark Gatiss Talks Sherlock Season 4 and Special Episode
- Gisela Ayala on The First Trailer for Pan is Here