Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Hot in Books
Share this story
- Leah617 on Disney Unveils Official Into the Woods Poster
- Disney Unveils Official Into the Woods Poster on UPDATED: Sondheim Details Plot Changes for Into the Woods Movie
- LeakyCon’s Multi-Fandom Conference is Now GeekyCon | FictionRow.com on LeakyNews Is Now GeekyNews
- Rob on Into the Woods Original Production Coming to Blue-ray
- QED42 on New Art for The Battle of the Five Armies Revealed