Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Steve Perry on GeekyNews Weekly Music Round-Up
- Silvio on Chace Crawford Goes Interview Crazy, Talks Plants, Brings Lulz
- Niala Wesley on Top Ten Worst Episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- El rastro que dejamos en internet: los buscadores – ODSI on ‘Battle of the Five Armies’ Trailer Breakdown – What You Might Have Missed
- Why Deep Space Nine is the best Star Trek series (In 5 Reasons) | youngfiction21 on Star Trek’s Golden Anniversary – 50 Great Stories to Watch