Submit Your Own Leaky News piece!
Here is where you can write your own LeakyNews article! Write us an opinion piece about your favorite pop culture, music, books, etc! A moderator will read your post, and if it meets our stringent requirements, will as soon as possible approve it under the right categories. Want to sound off on a television episode? Have thoughts that simply cannot be contained to the comments section? Want people to comment on YOUR theories and ideas? Then go to it! Get typing!
The only catch is that you must be registered for LeakyNews.com to write. See the links in the sidebar to get yourself a login!
To make sure that your post gets published as soon as possible, here are some guidelines to follow when considering writing a post:
1) Don’t write about news or current events. Our editors will be covering these things already, so your post won’t get published. Opinion pieces, recaps, and lists are less time-sensitive and allow you to be more creative.
2) Humour is good! As long as you’re not trying to get laughs just for the sake of it, putting humour into your submission will make it stand out. It’s strictly optional, of course, but there’s nothing wrong with giving your article a bit of personality.
3) Always observe all grammar and formatting rules. We hate to rain on your parade, but we have strict standards for writing- all grammar, spelling, and formatting rules must be observed. If you’re confused about formatting, then take a look at any of our other posts to see how it should be done. This saves editors from having to go through and rework your post to make it publishable on the site.
4) Be creative! We can’t stress this enough. We love creative posts that bring new ideas to the site.
5) And, of course, if you’re going to research, research well. Use good sources, always embed links to them, and quote and block-quote where necessary. We want the best!
Note: LeakyNews reserves the right to refuse any submission we receive. While we would love to use all of the submissions that come our way, we can only choose those that fit best with our coverage. Thank you for understanding.